How to measure your ring size at home
Ideally fingers should be sized properly by a profesional jeweller using a ring sizer. If this is not possible then the following method may be used to estimate your size.
Below method will give an approximate guide to establish your ring size. For a completely accurate measurement go to a progfessional jeweller and have your finger sized precisely.
- Find a piece of string or floss .
- Wrap it around the base of the appropriate finger.
- Use a pen to mark the point on the string/paper where it overlaps, forming a complete circle.
- With a ruler, measure the length from the starting end of the string/paper to the pen mark.
- Use the chart below to determine your UK ring size.
Here are some tips to make your ring size measurement more accurate:
- Measure the finger at the end of the day when the finger is the largest.
- After sliding the ring sizer on, make sure it slides off fairly easily over the knuckle.
- Don't measure cold fingers. This is when fingers are their smalles.
UK Ring Size - Measurement
G – 45.5mm
H – 46.7mm
I – 48mm
J – 48.7mm
K – 49.9mm
L – 51.2mm
M – 52.5mm
N – 53.8mm
O – 55mm
P – 56.3mm
Q – 57.6mm
R – 58.9mm
S – 60.1mm
T – 61.4mm
U – 62.7mm
V – 64mm
W – 65.2mm
X – 66.5mm